Senin, 24 Oktober 2011

How to Be Funny Without Telling Jokes: Eight Humor Tips for Speakers



sixteen years old, I was showing the audience how to find humor in the not-so-funny stuff. Thousands of people have laughed a lot in my presentations, but I can not tell jokes. Here are some ways I had people laugh. And you can too.

1 - set the scene for laughs

If you want to highlight your program, you might want to let the audience know, even before you say a word. Project some lighthearted visual as well as the audience enters the room. Play some uplifting music without materials such as enter. Or, add a little humor into your presentation title or program description. My bio, for example, is my list of achievements, the game followed by "His mother is very proud of him ."

2 - poke fun at himself

Again, even before you open your mouth, you can show the audience not to be taken too seriously by adding some playful things about you, for your introduction. I, for example, the introducer tell the audience that the author of seven books that are sold in more than 30 copies. Then the person corrects their mistake and said: "Uh, that's 300,000 copies ."

3 - Get Laugh with a Prop

It is said that 80% of what people learn is visual. If this is true, then speakers need to improve your conversation with something visually illustrate what govore.Oslonac is a great way to do this because it not only makes your message memorable, but also can get a laugh. Among other things, the balloon can be used to illustrate how people can let go of their stress, inflatable globe to illustrate how often worn around the world on our shoulders, and a plastic hammer that I used to hit himself in the head when I goof up. All make a point and all laugh.

4 - Your Humor Stories

Open humor eyes and ears and look and listen for the funny things that happen all around you. Families are especially good resource for finding the humor of the story. Not so long ago, my mom, who will be 93-years-old this year, he told me an incident that I have now incorporated into my hole. Every time he went to the doctor, she hires Van service to her and her back. One late afternoon, it did not appear to be home. Since the doctor had to close the office for the day, it is suggested that the waiting van in a pizzeria next door. After waiting a long time without the van coming, my mom went to the counter and asked, "Do you deliver?" When the man behind the counter replied, "Of course, we do not. We are a pizza place." My mom said, "Great. Then I pepperoni pizza and I would like to go with it ."

5 - to borrow some Witty Words

While waiting for his humor relates the story to appear, you might want to borrow some funny short quotes of famous folk to lighten up your talks. Offer books, TV, newspapers and magazines such as Reader's Digest are great resources for finding great quotes. Since I often speak to hospice groups, Woody Allen comments about death and dying are appropriate. My favorite, "There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman ?"

6 - collection of anecdotes of the audience

Sometimes audiences say the funniest things. When it was written. It could be a great laugh in the next presentation. For years, I've been asking audiences, "How do you spell relief?" My answer is "L - U-G-H". Then one day a woman in the back row shouted, "Divorce." It's got a big laugh for her that day and continued to laugh for me when I tell.

7 - Make it relevant

One final word about using humor in their presentations. Make sure it is relevant. Entertaining audiences in order to obtain laugh might be ideal for stand-up comedian or an after-dinner humorist, but this probably is not right for most speakers. If humor does not make a point or goal

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

 

Download Templates